USD Invite - 2009. Me running with former DSU teammate Sandy

Friday, January 28, 2011

Time to find some fitness

After the half-marathon in December I took a couple weeks off through finals week until Christmas break started. I resumed running on Dec. 19 and have slowly been building my mileage back up. I am tweaking my weekly training just a little bit for the marathon. Tentatively my weeks will look like this...

Monday: Long Run
Tuesday: Easy Day
Wednesday: Speedwork
Thursdays: Easy Day
Friday: Easy Day
Saturday: Tempo Run/Meet/Road Race
Sunday: Rest

We also do weight training 2 days a week (usually Monday and Thursday) and on the days we don't weight train we do exercises after the run (ie. crunches, push-ups, pull-ups, toe-raises)




Here is my workout from last week: Jan. 17-23
Monday: 6.5 mile fartlek; windy & cold!
Tuesday: 3.5 miles through Yankton
Wednesday: Dakota Dome - 4x1000's w/ 2 minutes rest: 3:22-3:26-3:31-3:27. 4x300 w/ 100 jog in-between: 55-56-55-55. Felt ok, warm-up and cool-down made it an even 5 miles
Thursday: Dropped off 4 miles north of town; COLD!
Friday: 2 miles easy, pre-meet day
Saturday: Wayne State meet. Mile, 3k, and 4x400. Neither race went too well, especially disappointed in mile. Races plus warm-ups and cool-downs equaled 5 miles
Sunday: Rest

Total Miles: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment